Things to consider prior to your visit
There are a number of things that you need to be aware of prior to your visit to Äventyrsbanan. Below is a list of what you need to know regarding our various activities, as well as information on how to get here. If you are the person who has made the booking for your group, make sure all participants get the relevant information for your activity.
- Be ready to start on time, your guide will come and meet you outside the little cottage ”Lillhuset” at the entrance to Äventyrsbanan.
- Clothing: Clothes suitable for outdoor activities and comfortable shoes. We recommend a pair of thin gloves.
- We work in all weathers, so be prepared with waterproof shells if needed.
- We recommend you bring something to drink, we do not have running water or any beverages for sale.
- If you need to change clothes, there are two small booths in one of our buildings. There is no shower however.
- We have a storage room for bags and other personal belongings. There are also small lockers should if you want to take extra care of your valuables.
- Photographs that may be taken during your activities may be used for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed, just let us know.
High Ropes Courses
- All participants must take part in the safety briefing with your guide before entering the course.
- Jewelry that can get caught (rings, necklaces, ear rings and watches) should be removed. Long hair should be tied up in a knot. If you are wearing glasses, pay extra attention to them so you don’t loose them from up on the course.
- Take your personal health into consideration. If you have any temporary or permanent diseases or if you are pregnant you have to make the decision yourself if you are able to participate.
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly forbidden, which goes for both participants as well as specators, before and during your activity.
- You are not allowed to smoke or be close to any fires while wearing your safety equipment.
- When you are back on the ground, please put the equipment back where you took it.
- If you willfully destroy, lose or act recklessly with the equipment you may be forced to pay for the replacement of the equipment.
- If you don’t follow our safety guidelines the guide can prohibit you from entering the high ropes course.
- The maximum weight is 115 kg. On the Long Zipline the maximum weight is 100 kg.
- Height and age requirements:
Sanda: The course is suited for children 9-13 years of age. Recommended height is 140 cm, shorter children (minimum height 110 cm) may need to be accompanied by an adult to be able to reach the safety wire. We appreciate the help from adults on the ground. Children younger than 9 years must be accompanied by an adult on the course.
Mellanberg, Högmora, Snörom and The Fast Zipline: 150 cm/15 years (13 year olds can do the course accompanied by an adult).
Långa Ziplinan (The Long Zipline): 140 cm / 40 kg. Maximum weight 100 kg.
Lakeside Camp and Sauna
- It takes approximately 15 minutes to walk out to the Lakeside Camp and the sauna, from Äventyrsbanan. The path crossed over some rugged terrain along Lake Sandasjön.
- We recommend that you pack the things you need in a backpack to facilitate the hike.
- Bring warm clothes, evenings can be surprisingly cold out here.
- We recommend that you bring a torch or headlamp for the walk back to the parking if it gets dark before you leave.
- Leave the area in the same way as it was when you came.
- Make sure the sauna and toilets are locked before you leave. Remember to put the key back on its designated place.
From Slussen take bus 401 towards Älta and get off at Tenntorp, the second stop after Hellasgården. The journey from Slussen takes 15 minutes.
From the Tenntorp bus stop walk about 200 meters along the road in the same direction towards Älta and then take the tunnel under the road. After the tunnel take a right up to the parking and continue past the gate. Your guide/instructor will meet you at the little cabin ”Lillhuset” that is found straight ahead 25 meters after the gate.
From Slussen take Stadsgårdsleden or Södra Länken and take the 260 towards Älta. After you’ve passed the large parking area at Hellasgården, continue another 1,5 kilometers to a paid parking on the left (signpost ”P Äventyrsbana”). From the parking walk along the road towards Älta about 200 meters, passing ”Nacka Handelsträdgård”. In the bend that follows keep left on the path and then up on the small parking lot just outside our entrance. Pass the gate and wait for your instructor/guide by the little cottage ”Lillhuset” right in front of you.
There are two parking possibilities for our visitors. In general all visitors are advised to use the large paid parking mentioned above.
A map and our contact details can be found here.